It’s summertime! For many people, owning a boat is the epitome of summer fun. For them, nothing compares to heading out to lakes, rivers, and oceans to spend time with family and friends. Mystic’s M4200 center console is designed with fun in mind! Styled for comfort, safety, and performance, the M4200 is our best-selling craft, and it’s easy to see why: it’s ideal for both rough water adventures and long days of cruising.
Summer Fun in Your Mystic M4200 Center Console
Dramatic styling and best-in-class performance may be what set our center consoles apart, but with decks that are perfecting for entertaining, our M4200 and M3800 center consoles are versatile powerboats designed for tons of fun. There are countless on-water activities you can enjoy with friends and family.
The M4200’s powerful outboard engines make it an excellent choice for tubing, wakeboarding, and waterskiing. While wakeboarding and waterskiing take a little more practice and skill, tubing is fun for everyone, as the pilot can make it easy or difficult for someone to hold on depending on their age.
See the World From a Unique Perspective
On a boat, you can go places you can’t get to or see by land. Owning a center console opens up unlimited opportunities to set anchor and explore islands, sandbars, and beaches. Along the way, you’ll meet other members of the boating community who have anchored there as well. Everyone can also have a fun day exploring, searching for shells, shark’s teeth, and other seawater treasures.
Casual get-togethers or special occasion celebrations? Entertaining onboard the Mystic M4200 is a breeze. Festive lighting, good food, and an awesome playlist take your boat parties up a notch and make a day of sun or an evening under the stars an enjoyable time for everyone. And nothing beats those times when you’re out cruising and see some of your friends waving from their own boat. Soon, you’re linking boats, swapping drinks, and having a grand time!
Nothing provides a change of scenery quite as quickly as camping. Take advantage of the nicer weather and cruise your way to an island or national park campground. Waking up the next morning in a new setting and enjoying freshly brewed coffee in the crisp fresh air can be a psychological lift unlike any other.
Don your fins and snorkeling mask and head into a wondrous world of underwater scenery. Marvel at the many shapes, sizes, and colors of coral or simply watch the hundreds of fish darting to and fro. A basic underwater camera is a great way to capture your favorite marine moments that you can look at and reminisce over for years to come.
Other Ways to Enjoy Your Mystic M4200 This Summer
Here are some more ideas that take just a little more planning, but they’re all fun and creative ways to spice up your summer boating life.
Create a Dock and Dine Day
Take a cue from landside progressive dinner parties and plan a day of boating to friends’ waterfront homes, campsites, or marinas to share prepared food and refreshments. You can start with breakfast fare at your first stop and then take a leisurely cruise to another stop for lunch. Next stop, appetizers, and cocktails, then on to dinner, and, finally, dessert at the last stop. A variation might be having the premade meals on each boat but choosing different destinations to meet up at to enjoy them. You might want to schedule a picnic for lunchtime, replete with grills, tables, decorations, and badminton. The goal is to have fun dining with friends and family on the water.
Attend an Event
Lots of live events take place at waterside parks and beaches. Traveling by boat to a fair, concert, art show, or festival is somehow tons more fun than going by car. Pick an event and then check with the closet marina or docking spot about availability and access to local transportation. Some events you can simply walk to. Make it a true adventure by glamping or staying at an inn or B&B for the night.
Create a Themed Raft Up
Raft-ups are a great way to get together with other boaters. The adults can relax and shoot the breeze while the kids play in the water. A themed raft-up at your favorite gunkhole doubles the fun. Plan music, food, drinks, and activities around a particular theme like Pirates of the Caribbean Raft-Up, Dog Days of Summer Raft-Up, Another Day in Paradise Raft-Up, and so on. Be creative!
Plan a Long, Multi-Day Cruise
Cruising on a center console remains one of the great joys of boating. It immediately slows down life’s hectic pace, opens up new horizons, and lets you gain new perspectives on what boating can be. Day cruises are a favorite choice but planning a multi-day cruise can be an adventure you won’t soon forget. Some people like to plan everything out ahead of time, while others prefer to take it as it comes. Just keep in mind summer is a busy season, so you might need to be flexible about overnighters shoreside.
One of the best ways to take advantage of summer’s warm days is to explore beautiful natural sights on and around lakes, rivers, and oceans.
- Whale or dolphin watching is an exciting offshore adventure you and your guests won’t soon forget.
- Record flora and fauna sightings, detailing the species, date, weather, and water conditions. If there are children on board, have them draw or photograph what they see.
- Plan an excursion to a national park or marshland and do some land and sea bird watching.
- Plan a cruise that coincides with the sun setting on the ocean. Depending on where you are, the colors can be incredibly vibrant, and you’ll feel a real sense of awe as Mother Nature puts on her evening show.
Of course, one activity that’s often equated with center consoles is fishing. Even if that’s not typically your “thing,” a group fishing expedition can be a lot of fun both in fresh and saltwater locales.
Summertime Advantages of Center Console Boats
While the Mystic M4200 is designed for speed and power, any center console boat is ideal for family fun in the sun. Powerboat accessories like water toys, grills, hammocks, portable ice makers, and towables make a center console the boat of choice for fun sunny days on the water.
When customizing your center console, be sure to consider what you most want to get out of the boat. For instance, center consoles allow for unrestricted movement around the boat’s edge and have ample fore and aft seating which is great for entertaining. Customizable features include everything from luxury seating to specialized storage.
Also, think about the number of passengers you want to be able to comfortably carry. Then it’s down to color and styling choices, electronics, power, and more to match your vision. Today, most luxury center consoles offer all the amenities of home. Climate control, entertainment centers, specialized lighting, the list goes on and on.
The Mystic M4200 has the power and fuel capacity you need to meet your cruising range and comes with a boatload (pun intended) of standard and optional features ideal for day cruises or longer trips.
- Cabin with queen berth.
- Transom shower.
- Head in cabin.
- Comfortable lounges.
- Plenty of storage.
- Complete galley with sink, microwave, and refrigerator.
- Optional air conditioning.
The M4200’s protected helm station means your fun won’t be interrupted by a sudden summer storm and guests and crew always have a place to relax or hang out. The boat’s U-shaped seating layout easily accommodates 15 to 20 people, inspiring friendly socializing while offering a safe ride.
Hot Fun on the Water in the Summertime
While the focus is on fun, let’s talk a little about surviving the summer heat and humidity on a boat.
To keep the heat out of your boat, consider investing in:
- Hatch covers that not only keep the sun out of your boat but extend the hatch’s life by protecting them from “crazing.”
- Sunshades are a fantastic solution to keep the heat out of your boat and create deck shade. Some materials effectively block out up to 90% of the sun’s heat.
- Cockpit shades like dodger and bimini window cover protect vinyl windows and create some nice shade in the cockpit. Some boaters add side panels that zip onto the bimini top to make even more shade and add some privacy.
If you’re planning to cook on board, that can create added heat you don’t want to deal with. Reconsider and think about what you can make ahead of time. If you’re set on cooking at sea, plan to make dishes like pasta or couscous early in the morning when it’s cooler.
There are a couple of easy ways to ventilate your boat.
- Wind scoops pull in breezes from any direction, so they work either at anchor or at the dock.
- Fans work just as well to cool you on the water as they do on land. Most quality models draw a fraction of an amp to run, so you don’t need to worry about battery drainage. There are also “suction fans” you can charge by USB and then run for hours of cooling breezes.
You’ll also want to keep your body cool.
- Cooling towels are super thin, come in a multitude of fun colors, and, most importantly, really work to keep your body temperature down. Just soak a towel in water, squeeze out the excess, and then drape it around your neck. Some are wide enough to drape across your shoulders, so they serve double-duty as a sunblock.
- Sun protective clothing and eyewear are becoming increasingly popular for boaters. Shirts, swimwear, shorts, pants, hats, and arm sleeves are all designed to protect you against the harms of UVA and UVB rays.
- Personal-size misting fans make cooling off fun. Simply fill them with water and flip the on switch.
- Stay hydrated by always keeping a hydro flask filled with cool water at hand. Some of the thermos available today can also be used for thermos cooking. While hydro flasks are a little more expensive than other water bottles, they’re well worth the investment.
Finally, don’t forget the sunblock. Boaters should opt for sunscreens that are reef safe, free of coral damaging ingredients. Be sure to:
- Apply sunscreen to any exposed skin and reapply every two hours, after a swim, or when you’ve been sweating excessively.
- It doesn’t matter if you choose a lotion, spray, or rub-on stick; they all work equally well as long as they’re applied correctly.
- Don’t forget to protect the tops of your ears, your feet, and your lips. Lip balms should have an SPF of at least 15.
Modern sunscreens protect you from both UVA and UVB rays. The American Academy of Dermatology suggests using a broad-spectrum sunscreen that’s both water water-resistant and has a sun protection factor or SPF of 30 or higher. For optimal protection, apply sunscreen about 15 to 30 minutes before you go out in the sun.
Summer fun on a boat is unlike any other form of travel. If you’re ready to spend your summer days and nights cruising in a luxury center console, talk to us today about the Mystic M4200. It’s one of the finest and most powerful boats on the market today. Your custom boat is built to your exact specifications, needs, and boating style. To learn more about either of our center console boats or our catamaran, including pre-owned boats, schedule a personal consultation by contacting us online today.